Thursday, March 24, 2011

Firefox 4 Fixes…

 

Well Firefox 4 has finally launched, and it’s definitely taken a big jump in the name of progress. In my opinion anyway. I might even consider going back to it full time from Chrome, I don’t know if it’s that good yet however.

But as pretty as the new layout and set up are, there are still a few things that some of you may not like, I know I certainly didn’t.

Tabs on Top

I simply like my Tabs on the bottom on Firefox, I don’t know why but it was just a preference when using that browser… This fix is simple, Options > Tabs on Top – uncheck that box.

Move the Reload Button

This one confused me at first, but if you like your reload button at home beside the home key or snuggled in-between the back and forward buttons you should know you can just move it like a regular Toolbar button.

Options > Toolbar Layout, move it away from the address bar and it will act like a normal button again.

Blurry Fonts?

Sick of the fonts in Firefox 4 being blurry? I am.

Install the Anti-Aliasing Tuner add-on. From there, you should just be able to turn on ClearType rendering for all fonts and fix the problem

Want your Firefox Tab in the toolbar?

If you require your Firefox Button somewhere else, get the Movable Firefox Button add-on.

Install > Options > Toolbar layout, and then drag around as you wish. Could make it like Chromes Wrench Icon Surprised smile.

Useless Google Bar?

Maybe like me you’ve come to understand that the little googlebox is no longer useful but merely pointless following the introduction of the search URL bar or awesomebar.

As above, Options > Toolbar Layout… Just drag it into the customize window and you get a nice long URL bar. Pretty.

These are just a few suggestions that I’ve tried out in Firefox 4, I like them, you may not but if you require any help at all don’t hesitate to get in contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment